Wednesday 28 August 2013

TÊTE À TÊTE // YES REBELS

A great time was had by all at our Deadpunk Bank Holiday Special and we're now looking ahead to our next major event...

So in case you didn't already know, us folks at Exchange are spearheading a brand new local music festival in Old Market alongside The Stag & Hounds, Hydra Bookshop, and The Volunteer Tavern.

Amongst the numerous bands on the bill (check out the facebook page for the full details) are Yes Rebels. Tom was kind enough to let us pick his brains for the latest in our Tete a tete series.



Introduce yourself...
Im Tom Kuras, I play guitar and sing backing vocals in Yes Rebels.

What are you currently Listening to?
Currently, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club as I'm watching them play in Bristol soon, they have a newish album that I have been enjoying getting through although I prefer their older material, I think that debut album cant really be beaten.


Tell us about a significant/influential album...
My favourite album of all time is Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys, so in whatever I do I reference back to that. It might sound strange as Yes Rebels can be quite a heavy band and do not sound any thing like the Beach Boys but it's definitely there in me somewhere when I play. To me it's a beautiful and mysterious record and is one of the few where I think every track is incredible. It's definitely my desert island disc.

What's your favourite place?
That's tough, i guess its cheesy but a good stage with some good monitors! on a serious note I do love playing music and when it goes really well its a feeling that cant be beaten so where ever that happens its a good place for me.

Who would be your dream dinner party guest?
Just one guest, now thats difficult, it would be someone obvious like Paul McCartney, that would be fun, he is another hero of mine, im sure he would have some insane stories to entertain me with.

What was the last gig you went to?
It was actually at the exchange, watching The Shimmer Band, The Mother Beef and Adding Machine, 3 bands that are very different but great at what they do.

Tell us about your favourite gig...
I've got a few favorites, we played for Bristol live magazine launch about a month ago, we had something to prove as we were playing with some great bands so we had to up are game, which we did. I've never sweated so much in my entire life.


Yes Rebels are currently in the final stages of mixing their latest release. We have it on good authority that they're planning something pretty darn special for it's launch so keep your eyes peeled. You can catch them at Exchange on the 7th September as part of the Old Market Music Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment